Production 1-Planning

    With the new schedule, I must speed up the process of planning an interview with an NBA-involved individual. The possible subjects of my interview include players, staff members or agents. Ideally the subject of my interview is someone who can elaborate on the cultural influence of their clothing line or shoe deal, as well as being educated on the high points of the league’s cultural influence in the past. Players that could elaborate on the influence of footwear could include PJ Tucker or Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, or players who are calibrated more towards clothing in their influence, like Russell Westbrook or Kyle Kuzma. Big names in the league like this are hard to access so I will need to reach out to players in the G-league or D-league if this is the route I take. Another group I am interested in interviewing are the members of a podcast I regularly listen to, titled Through the Wire, featuring knowledgeable basketball analysts from Chicago. They are easier to access since a majority of them have a smaller following on social media compared to NBA players. Regarding pictures I plan to use in my magazine, I will not be able to shoot photos because individuals like this are very busy and many live far away and follow extensive virus protocols, so I must use screenshots of the virtual interview, and have the subject showcase articles from their clothing line and their shoes for me to use in my feature article. With increasing doubt that I will be able to reach a big-name player, this has showed me that in the media and magazine industry, there are other credible names that could be interviewed to still create a quality magazine.

Comments