Storyboard
To begin with, the storyboarding process was a large component in realizing the vision of the magazine I am trying to create. The challenging aspect of the storyboard was the visuals, deciding which colors will match best with the content, in addition to deciding on a masthead and font for the feature article. I enjoyed how it helped me advance my concept to possibly expanding to football players and rappers and beyond only basketball players, and in this way helping to develop the concept. The articles were also very influential in advancing the content by helping to appreciate the significance of storyboarding. For example, the article about magazine storyboarding helps to emphasize the creative thinking aspect of storyboarding, which applied to me by helping to think outside the box beyond my original influences, SLAM Magazine and ESPN The Magazine. The annotation of the film storyboarding article also helped with the process even though I am not doing a film for the portfolio project. This article helped by showing how storyboarding helps in the process in similar ways to the magazine article, with emphasizing the impact on creative and critical thinking.
There were no substantial changes between the concept refinement and now with my storyboard, except increasing the probability that I diversify the magazine concept, and the fact that all the content, including pictures, must be original, so I have had to find workarounds and having to contact relevant people within the industry, such as players in smaller markets, their agents and other officials. The storyboard mostly helped me to hone my skills on the concept because it gave me visual representation of how all the elements would come together, like having different texts in different places, and where to place the images so the magazine looks more professional.




Comments
Post a Comment